The company provides scientifically-tested measures to ensure the Health and Safety of all workers in the workplace in conjunction with the preservation and maintenance of the environment.
Workforce Health SA invests heavily in R & D to initiate innovative programs to identify, evaluate and control health hazards. The purpose of these programs is to prevent disease or injury caused by chemical, physical, radiological, and biological stressors or ergonomic factors that involve the impact of equipment-design on a worker's comfort and efficiency.
Communities throughout the world, including those in Africa and South Africa, desperately need committed Occupational Health and Safety specialists to protect their citizens and the environment, which is under considerable threat due to over-harvesting and urban/industrial development.
The current focus of Workforce Health SA is to better equip individuals in terms of ongoing education and practical experience to utilize their expertise in Africa and South Africa, in particular to sustain available freshwater resources that are almost fully utilized and likely to become a major restriction to the future socio-economic development of the continent, both in terms of the amount and quality. Many water resources today are polluted by industrial effluents, domestic and commercial sewage, acid mine drainage, agricultural runoff and litter.
Workforce Health SA considers as part of the Organization's responsibility to clearly establish its management position in regards to the Safety, Health & Environment (SHE) aspects related to its activities. The present policy states the guiding principles to govern the Organization's actions in this area and sets the major accountabilities to ensure its application.
•Workforce Health SA believes in the protection of the environment as a basic Organization responsibility in regards to the Health, Safety and well being of its employees and the quality of life of the general public.
• To enforce that position, the Organization intends to take all the necessary actions to conform to the applicable laws and regulations and to improve on a continuing basis the overall safety, health, environmental and quality performance of its activities and of their management.
The Organization commits itself to:
1. Integrate all applicable laws and regulations in the overall management of the business;
2. Operate facilities taking into consideration the efficient use of energy and materials, pollution prevention and the safe and responsible disposal of residual waste;
3. Assess safety, health and environmental impacts as a prerequisite to starting a new activity;
4. Structure and maintain a safety, health and environmental emergency preparedness plan in association with the local authorities;
5. Educate, train and motivate employees to conduct their activities in a safe, healthy and environmentally responsible manner;
6. Promote the adoption of the principles of this policy by suppliers and clients;
7. Carry out periodic audits of the Organization's activities in order to continually improve the Organization's safety, health, environmental and quality performance and to prepare and implement action plans and communicate the results;
8. Contribute actively with industry associations towards the development of efficient processes;
9. Adopt and maintain an SHEQ Management System covering all the different aspects of this policy and incorporating all the elements of such a system: policy, responsibilities, action plans, employee mobilization, auditing and reporting.